Feinstein & Partners has a long history of consulting startup companies. We understand what it takes to build a business and advise our clients at every stage of forming and operating startups, from selecting and forming the most tax-efficient legal entities, to guiding startups through various funding rounds, to devising and implementing an effective business and exit strategy.
We have represented startup companies from a wide range of industry sectors including web-services, e-commerce, fashion, media, marketing and technology. The scope of our startup legal support services includes:
- Business entity formation and structuring, including agreements between founders
- Corporate governance, including preparing bylaws, corporate resolutions, operating agreements, joint venture agreements, etc.
- Guiding startups through funding stages, including angel level investments and venture capital financing
- Negotiating and preparing employment and consulting agreements, incentive compensations agreements, confidentiality, non-compete and non-solicitation agreements
- Trademark registrations and intellectual property assignment and licensing matters