Our mission is to deliver to our clients a customized, sophisticated and practical legal and business solution. We work with our clients through every aspect of their business life, including formation and day-to-day business matters, capital raising, sale of assets and other strategic transactions, restructuring, litigations and arbitrations, compensation and benefits matters, and intellectual property.
Business Transactions and Corporate Governance
Feinstein & Partners provides full-service legal support to domestic and foreign companies and individuals in connection with formation, operation, funding and sale of businesses in the U.S and abroad, as well as other investment and business activities. The scope of our services includes:
- Tax efficient United States business formation and capitalization for subchapter S and subchapter C corporations, limited liability companies and joint ventures and partnerships
- Negotiating, drafting and reviewing commercial contracts
- Corporate transactions
- Corporate governance and business operations
- Employment contracts and incentive compensation agreements
- Licensing agreements and Intellectual Property Protection
- International Entity formation
- Inbound and outbound international business transactions
- International contracts
- Due diligence on various transactions, including asset sales, stock sales or swaps
Feinstein & Partners provides expertise in advising foreign-based clients on all aspects of doing business in the U.S. – from seeking to establish or expand an existing business in the U.S., to acquiring an existing U.S.-based business, to entering into a joint venture with U.S. partners.
Our clients include individual and corporate investors doing business in the U.S., foreign real estate investors and investment funds, and established foreign-based and domestic businesses. Our cross-border services include:
- Structuring tax-efficient U.S. inbound and outbound transactions
- Forming and organizing tax-efficient and operationally effective legal structures for cross-border businesses
- Optimizing local and global tax structures
- Counseling foreign clients in connection with U.S. tax withholding rules, tax treaties, U.S. tax residency issues and branch profit tax
- Negotiating, drafting and reviewing business contracts
- Obtaining federal and state business licenses
- Assisting clients in establishing U.S. bank and merchant accounts
- Advising on every aspect of cross-border M&A transactions
We are experienced in conducting multi-national negotiations, advising with regard to local legal issues, managing local counsel, working closely with in-house counsel and preparing the necessary transaction documents – all to provide the highest quality service and surpass our clients’ expectations.
Transactional Tax Planning
Feinstein & Partners’ tax planning group offers creative and sophisticated tax solutions in structuring various business and real estate transactions to minimize or, in certain circumstances, avoid unnecessary adverse tax consequences. We work closely with domestic and foreign real estate investors, funds and companies doing business in the U.S. The scope of our transactional tax planning services includes:
- Selecting tax-efficient and operationally effective legal business structures
- Structuring tax-efficient acquisitions and sales of business interests
- Optimization of existing structure for tax purposes
- Tax-free corporate reorganizations
- Taxation of real estate transactions, including real estate like-kind deferred exchanges
- Structuring U.S. inbound and outbound investments
- Counseling clients in connection with branch profit tax, U.S. tax withholding rules, tax treaties, worldwide income and U.S. tax residency issues
Feinstein & Partners has a long history of consulting startup companies. We understand what it takes to build a business and advise our clients at every stage of forming and operating startups, from selecting and forming the most tax-efficient legal entities, to guiding startups through various funding rounds, to devising and implementing an effective business and exit strategy.
We have represented startup companies from a wide range of industry sectors including web-services, e-commerce, fashion, media, marketing and technology. The scope of our startup legal support services includes:
- Business entity formation and structuring, including agreements between founders
- Corporate governance, including preparing bylaws, corporate resolutions, operating agreements, joint venture agreements, etc.
- Guiding startups through funding stages, including angel level investments and venture capital financing
- Negotiating and preparing employment and consulting agreements, incentive compensations agreements, confidentiality, non-compete and non-solicitation agreements
- Trademark registrations and intellectual property assignment and licensing matters